US: Jagermeister to sponsor Monster Energy Supercross
Jagermeister is to sponsor the off-road motorcycle racing 2009 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, FIM World Championship, and AMA Motocross races in the US.
The German Liqueur's involvement with Monster Energy Supercross is the first in the distilled spirit-brand category, the company said today (25 November).
In addition to sponsoring the 17-race Monster Energy Supercross season, Jagermeister will sponsor the MDK/KTM 450 team and debut their Freestyle Motocross Jump Team to perform at supercross events. Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
The Jagermeister Freestyle Jump Team will include riders from around the world. Activation of the Jagermeister Monster Energy Supercross sponsorship begins with the season opener at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, California on 3 January.
"This is a great opportunity for our team," said Mark Kvamme, MDK team owner. "Not only have we created a strong team with hard-charging, experienced riders, but we've got an impressive sponsor and partner in Jagermeister."
The Jagermeister Mobile Stage will be set up in the parking lots of the stadiums and will feature a number of music acts. The Jagermeister Dome will also be present and feature games like the interactive Rock Band system and Guitar Hero.
The Jagermeister Mobile Stage will be present in Anaheim, Phoenix, Houston, San Francisco, San Diego, Atlanta, Jacksonville and Las Vegas.
Jagermeister Liqueur is imported by Sidney Frank Importing in the US.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk