AUSTRALIA: Jacob's Creek to sponsor USPGA tournament
Australia's Jacob Creek wine brand executives have found a backdoor means of sports sponsorships in the United States and other export markets through its hometown.
Jacob's Creek, part of the Orlando Wyndham Group owned by the French giant Pernod Ricard, is to sponsor the Jacob's Creek Open golf championship in home city Adelaide in South Australia next March. The event has been co-sanctioned by the USPGA Tour.
Marketing and international director Stephen Couche said this inaugural event was expected to attract a world-class field. "This will ensure a huge television audience in the United States and many other parts of the world.
"There were no opportunities available to us to secure naming rights of any of major US tournaments. Sponsoring the Jacob's Creek Open Championship with the USPGA Tour is an excellent fit with our international market development strategy," Couche said.
Jacob's Creek is already a sponsor of the British Open golf tournament and Wimbledon tennis.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo H1 sales flatline as Q2 improves
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research