AUS: Jacob's Creek partners with Luhrmann’s ‘Australia’
In partnership with 20th Century Fox, Jacob's Creek is hoping to achieve "global reach" with the film, due for release on 26 November and appearing in Australia, North America, Europe and Asia, the company said today (31 October).
Managing director Stephen Couche said: "With the key attributes of being iconic, authentically Australian, and premium, there is no doubt that Jacob's Creek and Australia create the ideal partnership."
The film is a romantic action adventure, set in the country on the brink of World War II, starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman.
The company will launch a cinema, print and outdoor advertising campaign to run alongside the film, including a competition to "win the ultimate Australia experience".
Champagne and Cognac group Rémy Cointreau watched its full-year sales slip by 11.6% this week as demand for premium alcohol continued to drop. Michelle Russell assesses the group's prospects....
Reluctance by wholesalers and distributors to order in fresh stock, for fear that consumers will not buy, is proving to be the weak spot in drinks companies' handling of the economic downturn in early...
Pernod Ricard has lined up a flavour extension to its Malibu rum brand in the US....
A shake-up is underway in the global spirits industry, with Beam Global Spirits & Wine potentially under threat and the emergence of a "new Maxxium" on the cards, an industry analyst has told the Worl...
Pernod Ricard is rolling out its recently-previewed television commercial for Absolut vodka across the world....
Pernod Ricard has launched an ultra-premium, limited edition brand extension for its Martell Cognac brand in the US....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Bacardi has declined to comment on a report that it is interested in acquiring a stake in Indian spirits firm Radico Khaitan....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages