UK: Jacob’s Creek and Gallo world's best known wine brands - survey
Jacob's Creek and Gallo are the world's best known wine brands, according to a survey released this week.
The Vinitrac Global Survey also found that French brand JP Chenet is "very well known", and was highly ranked in several markets.
The survey, which is owned by Wine Intelligence, took responses from over 11,000 wine consumers across 11 key wine markets during March 2007.
The data collected by Wine Intelligence suggested that Australian brand Jacob's Creek is market leader for consumer awareness in the English-speaking countries of Australia, Ireland and the UK.
Meanwhile, American giant Gallo topped the awareness ranking in its domestic US market and neighbouring Canada, along with the tough German market. JP Chenet reigned in Denmark and the Netherlands and was number two in Germany.
In addition to these three brands, Carlo Rossi and Mouton Cadet alo performed well from a list of 48 major international brands.
In addition to the awareness rank, other findings reveal that Australian wine brands tend to lead the way in the conversion of brand awareness to purchase, with [yellow tail] a particularly strong performer in this context. Wolf Blass was also well liked by many consumers and was the most recommended brand in four Vinitrac markets, including Ireland and Australia.
Belgian customs authorities have destroyed 3,200 bottles of sparkling wine from the US termed "California Champagne"....
The former president of Beam Wine Estates is set to rejoin Beam Global Spirits & Wine as senior vice president of US commercial development....
Supply chain provider Wincanton has extended its drinks operations in the UK with a five-year deal with E&J Gallo....
E&J Gallo has filed a lawsuit over Lion Nathan for lodging applications to use a trademark already used by the wine company....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Leelex to open Portobello Road gin distillery
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends