AUSTRALIA: Jacob's Creek achieves record sales after brand extension
The present level equates to about 1m glasses a day, says the brand's marketing manager Nick Blair. Jacob's Creek, launched in 1976, is part of Orlando Wyndham itself part of the French owned Pernod Ricard group.
This year's record sales come after a marketing success in giving a new quality look and taste to wines identified from their inception as value for money. This has been achieved by adding up-market Reserve and Limited Release labels.
The new wines were introduced to the Australian market last year with two table reds. A Reserve Chardonnay has just been added. In Australia the Reserve wines retail around A$14-15 (US$7-8).
Quantities have also been sent to the UK, the US and New Zealand while the Limited Release wines are being sold in Asian duty free shops. Nick Blair said UK wine writers had been enthusiastic about the new product and this would be followed by a major marketing push in 2000. More than 80% of Jacob's Creek output is sold to 53 overseas markets.
Companies: Pernod Ricard
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends