US: Jackson forms unit for "millennial" wine drinkers
Jess Jackson and Barbara Banke have set up a wine company to target a new generation of wine drinkers.
The married couple, owners of Kendall Jackson Wine Estates, announced yesterday (25 October) that they have set up White Rocket Wine Co., which will focus on "creating new wine brands for the upcoming generations of wine consumers".
The president of White Rocket, Gary Glass, joins from Constellation Wines US unit Centerra, where he was vice president of marketing.
Mark Feinberg, also formerly of Constellation, will be vice president of marketing, while the national sales team of seven regional managers will be co-managed by VP of sales east, Bob McDonough. White Rocket is yet to name a sales chief for the west coast of the US.
"It has been my desire for quite some time to go back to our roots," said Jackson. "We want to start from scratch to create brands that serve the new wine consumers of the millennial generation. White Rocket will be a small, fast-moving wine company that fosters an entrepreneurial culture and a drive for innovation and new brand development."
Glass added: "Consumers today are more open to wine than ever before. They are willing to buy wines that are high quality and high value, but they want to have fun with wine and enjoy it in a different way."
The company plans to develop a series of new brands in the future, but will also incorporate some of the existing brands from the family's portfolio, namely Camelot, Dog House, and Tin Roof.
Constellation Europe's Stowells wine brand has been revamped in the UK....
Constellation Brands has announced a change in its investor relations department....
Constellation Brands has sold half of its Matthew Clark wholesale business in the UK....
Constellation Europe has lined up a promotional push for its Kumala wine brand in and around London in the UK....
The board of directors at Constellation Brands has been extended from seven to eight seats....
Constellation Brands has posted an increase in full-year earnings as rising wine sales in North America and a first contribution from its Vincor International business offset challenges in the UK. The...
Centerra Wines Co. has launched a line extension to its Arbor Mist range....
Sweden's Finance Ministry has confirmed that an official close to the planned privatisation of V&S Group has resigned....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer