Jackson Family Wines adds Penner-Ash winery to Oregon presence
Jackson Family Wines owns the Kendall-Jackson wine brand
Jackson Family Wines has announced its purchase of Oregon winery Penner-Ash Wine Cellars.
The privately-owned company said earlier this week that it will acquire the winery as well as 15 acres of vineyard in the Willamette Valley region. The move adds Penner-Ash to JFW's presence in Oregon, which includes the company's purchase in January of a plot owned by Evergreen International Aviation. It also bought Zena West, in the Eola-Amity Hills area of Willamette Valley, three years ago.
Financial details behind this week's transaction were not disclosed.
Founded by Lynn and Ron Penner-Ash in 1998, the winery specialises in producing Pinot Noirs and Viogniers under its namesake brand.
JFW said it will "focus its efforts on providing enhanced sales, marketing, distribution and back-office administrative support".
"My family and I have always been impressed by Lynn and Ron's stellar wines," said JFW owner Barbara Banke. "I am excited about the opportunity to work with Lynn, Ron and their terrific team to continue the success of Penner-Ash."
The transaction is expected to complete by early next month.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts