US: Jackson Family Wines acquires Ramal West Vineyard
Jackson Family Wines (JFW) has added Ramal West Vineyard to its portfolio of properties for an undisclosed sum.
The California-based company annouced yesterday (12 June) that it has acquired Ramal West Vineyard, located within the Sonoma Coast in the Los Carneros American Viticultural Area. Ramal West is known for its "distinctive" Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, according to JFW.
Barbara Banke, chairman & owner of JFW, said: “We are excited about Ramal West because it is an ideal viticultural site. The terroir is unique to the Los Carneros area, and climatic conditions ensure even ripening and a long growing season."
Jackson Family Wines said it expects Ramal West to become third-party certified under the Sustainability in Practice (SIP) programme as of this year's harvest.
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Comment - Wine - Not on the List
- Interview - PepsiCo chief scientific officer
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK
- Edrington to set up global Travel Retail team