NZ: Jackson Estate appoints general manager
The Marlborough winery Jackson Estate has appointed Belinda Jackson to the newly created role of general manager.
Jackson Estate produces a Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc as well as other wines including Riesling, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.
Commenting on the appointment, director John Stichbury said: "We are delighted Belinda has accepted this important role and look forward to the company taking a fresh direction." He continues, "The industry faces many challenges and Belinda's experience and marketing skills will ensure we are well-positioned for the future."
Belinda Jackson came to New Zealand in 1995 having held a senior wine-buying role in the UK responsible for sourcing, buying and marketing 750,000 cases of wine for brewer Carlsberg-Tetley.
Her first role in New Zealand was with NZ Liquor as National Wine Manager, responsible for the wine categories of both the Liquorland and Robbie Burns chains.
After an approach from Glengarry in 1999, Jackson moved across to manage the European 'fine wine' buying, the corporate sales channel and brands Krug champagne and Riedel glassware.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World