NZ: Jackson Estate appoints general manager
The Marlborough winery Jackson Estate has appointed Belinda Jackson to the newly created role of general manager.
Jackson Estate produces a Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc as well as other wines including Riesling, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.
Commenting on the appointment, director John Stichbury said: "We are delighted Belinda has accepted this important role and look forward to the company taking a fresh direction." He continues, "The industry faces many challenges and Belinda's experience and marketing skills will ensure we are well-positioned for the future."
Belinda Jackson came to New Zealand in 1995 having held a senior wine-buying role in the UK responsible for sourcing, buying and marketing 750,000 cases of wine for brewer Carlsberg-Tetley.
Her first role in New Zealand was with NZ Liquor as National Wine Manager, responsible for the wine categories of both the Liquorland and Robbie Burns chains.
After an approach from Glengarry in 1999, Jackson moved across to manage the European 'fine wine' buying, the corporate sales channel and brands Krug champagne and Riedel glassware.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research