US: Jack drives buoyant year for B-F
Buoyant Jack Daniel's sales have driven a strong full-year financial performance at US wine and spirits group Brown-Forman.
The company said today (1 June) that operating income surged 17% to US$102.6m in the year to 30 April. The rise came on the back of a 16% leap in net sales to US$594.3m.
Brown-Forman said that the company's flagship global brands, including Jack Daniel's, Southern Comfort and Finlandia vodka, had delivered "outstanding results". Jack Daniel's sales rose 8% to 8.5m nine-litre cases, with the company noting volume gains in China, South Africa, France and Germany.
Southern Comfort's volumes were up 5% for the second consecutive fiscal year, fuelled by growth in the US, South Africa, and Germany. Finlandia, meanwhile, saw sales leap 15%, thanks to "healthy, double-digit growth" in markets including vodka heartlands, Poland and Russia.
While the company's super-premium stable - including Sonoma-Cutrer, Bonterra wines and Woodford Reserve - saw volumes rise by a fifth, Brown-Forman said overall depletions for its mid-priced regional brands declined slightly, as solid growth for Fetzer and Korbel was offset by declines for Canadian Mist, Bolla and Early Times.
Brown-Forman CEO Paul Varga said: "Fiscal 2006 was certainly one of the strongest in our company's 136 year history. The strength and health of our brands, the focused brand-building efforts of our people and partners, and the favorable environment for premium wines and spirits all combined to produce these exceptional results."
The advisory board of the London International Wine & Spirits Fair has added to its numbers....
The announcement that Rémy Cointreau has today (23 November) served notice on its position in global distribution network Maxxium Worldwide is a little puzzling. If we take the announcement at face va...
Russia is set to become a key export market for Tequila producers, according to the company leading the booming super-premium Tequila segment in the US....
The Patrón Spirits Company, best known for its namesake premium Tequila, looks set to move into the wider white spirits category with the acquisition of a vodka and a gin brand....
Bacardi Brown-Forman Brands has appointed a new director of UK external affairs....
Brown-Forman, which produces among other brands Jack Daniel's and Southern Comfort, has increased the quarterly cash dividend on its Class A and Class B Common Stock by 8.0% from 28.00 cents to 30.25...
The European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD), the industry-sponsored social aspects organisation, has been forced to postpone plans to set out specific guidelines on sponsorship after the member...
Italian drinks company Gruppo Campari has reported a slight increase in profit before tax as lower margins offset high revenue growth attributed to recent acquisitions and new distribution deals in th...
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends