US: Jack Daniel’s runs anti-binge drinking advert
Jack Daniel Distillery will send out a public service announcement telling adults to drink responsibly and know their limits - to be aired before NASCAR racing.
Jack Daniel's master distiller Jimmy Bedford appears on the advert, driving a tractor being followed by a long line of cars, before saying: "Know your limits, no matter what everyone else is doing around you. Pace Yourself. Drink Responsibly."
The whisky company's national brand director Mark Bacon said yesterday (9 February): "When we entered NASCAR, we promised that everything we do would be grounded in responsibility, and this public service announcement is another effort on our part to continue promoting that message. We hope this public service announcement will take that message to an even broader audience."
The 30-second announcement, titled Pace Yourself, was produced by Jack Daniel's, NASCAR and industry organisation Century Council. It will be shown throughout the 2006 NASCAR Nextel Cup season, and will also be featured on the Jack Daniel's racing website.
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018
- Bacardi announces CFO switch