US: Jack Daniel’s names seventh master distiller
The Jack Daniel Distillery has announced the appointment of Jeff Arnett as master distiller.
Arnett, a native Tennessean, will become the seventh master distiller in the company's history, replacing Jimmy Bedford, who announced his retirement from the position last month.
As master distiller, Arnett will oversee the entire whiskey-making process of milling, yeasting, fermentation, distillation, charcoal mellowing and maturation.
"I fully understand the huge shoes that I'll be stepping into and can't begin to express my appreciation to those who have entrusted me with this position," said Arnett. "I look forward to carrying on the Jack Daniel's tradition."
Arnett began his career at the Jack Daniel Distillery seven years ago in quality control and overseeing Jack Daniel's Single Barrel. Since then, he has worked in a variety of capacities throughout the distillery, including warehousing, maturation, distillation, charcoal mellowing management, barrel quality and bottling, as well as being a member of the Master Tasters' panel.
Previous to his work with Jack Daniel's, Arnett served as production manager and engineer in the food and beverage industry for ten years.
The South African whisky market grew by an estimated 16.2% in 2007 to over 3.5m cases. According to The IWSR's South Africa Wine and Spirits 2008 report, growth was largely driven by Jameson, Jack Dan...
The entry of Diageo into the Irish whiskey market has further enlivened a sector already growing steadily thanks to the efforts of the other major global spirits force, Pernod Ricard. And a new report...
Drinks Americas Holdings has signed an agreement with rock and roll musician Kid Rock to develop and market a premium domestic beer....
Drinks Americas has lined up the purchase of a majority stake in Netherlands-based Olifant Vodka....
Brown-Forman, the US drinks group, has blamed a lack of fit and healthy agave plants for a 7% fall in its first quarter profit....
Thirty five of the world's 100 largest-selling spirits brands by volume are Asian, according to new research....
Family-owned spirits producer Heaven Hill Distilleries has added two new flavoured line extensions to its Georgia Moon corn whiskey brand in the US....
Castle Brands has unveiled a new website as part of a brand-building campaign for Clontarf Irish Whiskey....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report