UK: Jack Daniel's Honey set to hit UK
Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey will launch in the UK on-trade this month
Jack Daniels's Tennessee Honey was first launched in the US last spring, but will be available in the UK on-trade this month and the off-trade from August. The liqueur comes in a 70cl bottle, has an ABV of 35% and is expected to retail at GBP23.95 (US$38.60).
At a briefing for journalists in London yesterday (8 May), Mark Davis, Jack Daniel's area marketing manager for UK & Ireland, said total investment in the brand in the first year would exceed GBP2m.
He said the drink had been a “phenomenal success” in the US, where it was the fastest growing spirits brand in 2011.
The launch will be supported by a digital media campaign, cinema and out-of-home advertising and and on and off-trade promotional activity, the company said.
It follows hot on the heals of Jim Beam Honey, which launched in the UK last month.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research