AUS: J Boag & Son posts 13% revenue increase
J. Boag and Son Ltd., the Australian beer unit of Philippine food and beverage group, San Miguel Corp., has posted a 13% increase in revenues to A$54.04m in the period from January to July, in spite of flat market conditions.
San Miguel announced that J. Boag and Son Ltd., based in Tasmania, saw volume sales rise by 17%, attributing the success to strong brands and effective distribution.
The strongest volume increase of 48% was recorded by the Boag's Draught brand which was launched in the mainland beer market last year. Volumes of Boag's Premium Light grew by 13%.
"The continued strong performance of Australia's beer operations reflects how strong brands and efficient distribution complement each other to cushion the combined impact of stiff competition and a sluggish market," said San Miguel president and chief operating officer Ramon Ang.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts