US: IZZE names SoBe founder as new chair
US sparkling juice group IZZE Beverage Co. has made John Bello chairman of the company's board.
Bello was the founder and former CEO of beverage group SoBe and is also a partner with Sherbrooke Capital, the venture capital group that led a US$6.35m equity-financing round for IZZE in early 2005.
Bello said: "The timing is perfect for IZZE to solidify its leadership position in a changing marketplace that is demanding more healthful beverage alternatives.
"I feel my parallel experience with SoBe in creating and growing the healthy refreshment beverage category lends itself to a future win with IZZE. With its natural positioning as a healthy product, IZZE has the brand charisma and consumer passion that can help it rise above the clutter in a competitive and crowded beverage space."
Premium and healthy, the ‘gourmet soda’ ticks two of the most important boxes for success in today’s market, and these adult-targeted beverages offer real growth potential for the becalmed carbonated ...
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends