JAPAN: Izmic Corp. "buys rival drinks wholesaler"
Japanese beverage alcohol wholesaler Izmic Corp. has reportedly bought rival firm Yoshikawasyuhan Corp. for an undisclosed sum.
Local reports said yesterday (2 April) that Izmic has bought Yoshikawasyuhan, a former subsidiary of Asahi Breweries, to expand into western Japan.
Izmic, which is based in the Japanese city of Nagoya, and generated JPY177.6bn (US$1.5bn) in sales for the 12 months to the end of May last year.
Yoshikawasyuhan, based in the Osaka region of Japan, posted turnover of JPY21.1bn last year.
Russian Standard has secured permanent listings for its vodka range in Finland....
Miller Brewing and the American Motorcyclist Association have partnered to promote a safe motorcycle riding practises and responsible alcohol consumption campaign across the US....
Weight Watchers has prepared a sparkling variant of its wine range in the UK....
Belvedere Group has posted a marked slide in operating profit for the first half of this year....
Green Mark vodka owner and distributor Russian Alcohol is up for sale, with a number of international companies expressing interest in the US$600m-plus company....
Alcohol advertising in Europe so far this year has registered a very slight slip in overall compliance, according to a recent survey....
SUN InBev has announced a new campaign of social advertising to help tackle drunk driving in Russia....
Global drinks force Diageo is backing the "We Don't Serve Teens" campaign, aimed at reducing teen access to alcohol, as it rolls out in Arizona....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates sees H1 sales, profits soar
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends