FRANCE: IWF makes $A1.3m move on French Groupe Laroche
Groupe Laroche, the 150-year-old premium Chablis and Languedoc producer, has attracted 'toe in the water' interest from listed Australian fund, The International Wine Investment Fund.IWF has bought an FFr5.1m ($A1.3m) stake in La Roche, giving it a 4% holding. The stock was bought from Jafco St Honori , a subsidiary of Rothschilds which is a substantial La Roche shareholder.La Roche, in which the La Roche family currently holds 78% of shares, plans to list on the subsidiary board of the Paris Bourse on July 12.It has a turnover of FFr185m and an aggressive expansion plan aimed at doubling its size, with strong emphasis on distribution and marketing, in the next few years.General manager of IWF's asset manager, Berren Asset Management, Chris Day, said that IWF would consider investing further funds in La Roche if growth targets were achieved.La Roche exports to 70 countries, its main brands being Domaine Laroche, Chateau de Chemilly and Domaine La Chevaliere.Berren's investment manager, Rupert Clifton Bligh, said that IWF, which now had $A160m in assets, was expecting to announce further investments shortly.One is expected to be a substantial stake in newly merged South Australian wine company Tatachilla-St Hallet, as predicted three weeks ago by just-drinks.com. Chris Snow
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Scotch's Battle with Age
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Pernod Ricard to up focus on consumers - CEO
- Diageo creates USL unit to oversee own brands
- Pernod Ricard on US starting blocks with Havanista
- Diageo to close Maryland bottling site
- A-B InBev GSA head in drink-driving crash
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review