UK: IWCA teams up with WSTA
The International Wine Clubs Association and the Wine and Spirit Trade Association plan to work together to support 'distance selling' around the world.
The associations said today (2 July) that the IWCA intends to move its offices from Watford to the WSTA headquarters at the International Wine & Spirits Centre in London. The WSTA will then provide day-to-day administrative support to IWCA.
As part of the move, Karen Gerrard will take over from Barry Sutton as IWCA chief executive. Gerrard previously worked at Berry Brothers & Rudd in the roles of both marketing manager and project manager.
IWCA president Jakob Schuler said: "The IWCA committee will continue to steer the association strategically and financially and we are delighted that the WSTA have agreed to give us use of their premises and their day to day administrative back up."
Barry Sutton added: "As a founder of the IWCA and having been, in effect, its chief executive for the last 10 years I am delighted that we have found such a good solution to ensure continued success going forward. I hope to continue an involvement with the association and will give Karen all the support she needs. My best wishes go both to the WSTA and IWCA for the future."
The IWCA has 39 members, with membership open to any wine merchant trading extensively by distance selling.
The wine world - whether consumers or producers - is often characterised as traditional and conservative. But environmental concerns, rising transport and raw material costs and the need to cater for ...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report