Product Launch - GLOBAL: Isle of Arran Distillers' Arran 16 Year Old
Click through to view Isle of Arran Distillers' Arran 16 Year Old
Isle of Arran Distillers' Arran 16 Year Old
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt, 16 years old
Available - In Europe, from next month, in the US from early-May
Location - Worldwide, key markets include the UK, the US, China, Japan, Taiwan, Canada and Europe (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Sweden, Switzerland)
Price - RRP of GBP59.99 (US$91) per 70cl bottles, 9,000 units available
Distribution - In UK, Indie Brands
Arran Distillers has lined up the launch of its oldest Scotch whisky expression so far, but has confirmed plans to release two even older variants.
Arran 16 Year Old will be followed by a 17-year-old version next year, with an 18-year-old set to be released in 2015.
The new release is produced from un-peated malted barley, then matured in a mix of ex-Bourbon and ex-Sherry casks.
Independent Scotch whisky producer, Isle of Arran Distillers, is set to release its oldest malt to date next month (April 2013).
The 16 Year Old single malt is some of the first spirit distilled by the award-winning business.
Available as a very limited edition with just 9,000 bottles released worldwide, it is the first in a trilogy of special malt whiskies planned the countdown to the Arran 18 Year Old malt, scheduled for spring 2015.
Made from un-peated malted barley and matured in a mixture of ex-Bourbon and ex-Sherry casks, this highly anticipated whisky has a unique flavour with a light golden colour.
James MacTaggart, master distiller at Arran, said: “Our first 16 year old whisky encapsulates everything that is great and unique about Isle of Arran malt whiskies.
“The spirit is non-chill filtered and contains no artificial colours so it retains a full range of aromas and flavours – it smells of honey and ginger and has a smooth taste with waves of sweetness and spice.”
Priced at £59.99 for 70ml, the Arran Malt 16 year old has an ABV of 46% and is a collectible bottle. Next spring will see the release of the Arran Malt 17 year old, with the 18 year old released the following year.
Euan Mitchell, managing director at Isle of Arran Distillers, said: “This malt is one of our finest whiskies yet and a strong edition to the Arran portfolio. As an independent distillery we always try to do things a bit differently and the 16 year old will not disappoint.
“It’s satisfying to see the whisky, which we laid down when the distillery first opened, finally come of age and become available for the public to enjoy.”
The Arran Malt 16 Year Old is released at the beginning of April and RRP is £59.99 for 70cl.
Original source: Company Release
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future