UK: Islay to get ninth Scotch whisky distillery
Click through for images of the next distillery to be built on Islay
A new whisky distillery is set to be built on the western Scottish island of Islay.
As reported by industry blog Whisky Advocate late last week, the facility, located near the town of Bowmore, will be called Gartbreck and will be smaller than the eight distilleries already on the island.
While details of the ownership of the distillery have not been disclosed, just-drinks understands that the site should be operational by early-2015.
The stillhouse will overlook Loch Indaal from a spot on Gartbreck Farm called Saltan Point.
Further developments are expected to be released before the end of this year.
The most recent distillery to start production on Islay is Kilchoman, which opened in 2005. Diageo, Moet Hennessy and Remy Cointreau all own distilleries on the island. Remy acquired Bruichladdich for US$90m last year.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
"The Future of the Wine Market in Australia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company research....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during December 2013....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research