UK: Islay to get ninth Scotch whisky distillery
Click through for images of the next distillery to be built on Islay
A new whisky distillery is set to be built on the western Scottish island of Islay.
As reported by industry blog Whisky Advocate late last week, the facility, located near the town of Bowmore, will be called Gartbreck and will be smaller than the eight distilleries already on the island.
While details of the ownership of the distillery have not been disclosed, just-drinks understands that the site should be operational by early-2015.
The stillhouse will overlook Loch Indaal from a spot on Gartbreck Farm called Saltan Point.
Further developments are expected to be released before the end of this year.
The most recent distillery to start production on Islay is Kilchoman, which opened in 2005. Diageo, Moet Hennessy and Remy Cointreau all own distilleries on the island. Remy acquired Bruichladdich for US$90m last year.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
"The Future of the Wine Market in Australia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company research....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets