UK: Islay to get ninth Scotch whisky distillery
Click through for images of the next distillery to be built on Islay
A new whisky distillery is set to be built on the western Scottish island of Islay.
As reported by industry blog Whisky Advocate late last week, the facility, located near the town of Bowmore, will be called Gartbreck and will be smaller than the eight distilleries already on the island.
While details of the ownership of the distillery have not been disclosed, just-drinks understands that the site should be operational by early-2015.
The stillhouse will overlook Loch Indaal from a spot on Gartbreck Farm called Saltan Point.
Further developments are expected to be released before the end of this year.
The most recent distillery to start production on Islay is Kilchoman, which opened in 2005. Diageo, Moet Hennessy and Remy Cointreau all own distilleries on the island. Remy acquired Bruichladdich for US$90m last year.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
"The Future of the Wine Market in Australia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company research....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during December 2013....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research