US: iSi North America recalls exploding Twist 'n' Sparkle bottles
iSi North American has apologised after the recall
iSi North America has been forced to recall all its Twist 'n' Sparkle plastic bottles after reports of them exploding and injuring users.
The company, which manufactures cream and food whippers and soda siphons, was forced into the recall after nine reported incidents of Twist 'n' Sparkle home beverage carbonation system plastic bottles bursting. The US Consumer Product Safety Commission said: "The firm is aware of nine incidents involving exploding plastic bottles, including three in which consumers received cuts to various parts of their upper body."
Consumers are being advised to stop using the recalled products immediately and return them to iSi or place of purchase.
iSi North America said in a statement: "We apologise to our customers and urge you to comply with the recall. We are firmly committed to consumer safety and urge your immediate cooperation."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends