US: iSi North America recalls exploding Twist 'n' Sparkle bottles
iSi North American has apologised after the recall
iSi North America has been forced to recall all its Twist 'n' Sparkle plastic bottles after reports of them exploding and injuring users.
The company, which manufactures cream and food whippers and soda siphons, was forced into the recall after nine reported incidents of Twist 'n' Sparkle home beverage carbonation system plastic bottles bursting. The US Consumer Product Safety Commission said: "The firm is aware of nine incidents involving exploding plastic bottles, including three in which consumers received cuts to various parts of their upper body."
Consumers are being advised to stop using the recalled products immediately and return them to iSi or place of purchase.
iSi North America said in a statement: "We apologise to our customers and urge you to comply with the recall. We are firmly committed to consumer safety and urge your immediate cooperation."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman