US: Isbre ups US distribution coverage
Isbre Holding has added another US distributor to a long list for its Norwegian spring water.
The company, which manufactures a namesake water brand, said yesterday (21 February) that it has secured a distribution agreement with Chesapeake Beverage Group in the state of Maryland. Financial details of the agreement were not disclosed.
The agreement follows previous distribution contracts with Gretz Beer Co., Penn Distributors, Wilsbach Distributors and Brewery Products Co, covering the greater Philadelphia, Harrisburg and York, Pennsylvania areas, and with NKS Distributors in Delaware.
Isbre is in the process of establishing a bottling facility in an unnamed port city in the north-east US. The company plans to ship its water in tanker ships directly from its springs in Norway to the US bottling facility. Isbre said that it is also seeking other global areas of sales for its water products.
Anheuser-Busch has quashed rumours that it has plans to build a second brewery in India....
Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) has unveiled a revamp of its Glenmorangie single malt Scotch whisky range....
China's leading beer producer Tsingtao Brewery is planning to increase its production capacity by 1m tons by the end of 2007, according to local reports....
US wine consumption rose 3.4% in 2006, continuing the sector's climb for the 13th consecutive year, according to research out this week....
The drinks industry has come under attack in the US for supposedly using energy drinks to mask the effect of alcohol....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas has posted an impressive leap in operating and net profit in the year so far....
US drinks distributor Silver Eagle Distributors L.P. has acquired all assets of BudCo, the Anheuser-Busch and Grupo Modelo sales, marketing and distribution company for 13 counties in South Texas....
Anheuser-Busch has posted a steady rise in profits and sales for its second quarter....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review