UK: Research - UK carbonates: is Britvic worth the fuss?
The bidding war for Britvic is hotting up, with Pepsi Bottling Group, now supported by PepsiCo, as the clear frontrunner. But the buyers are understandable unsure about the GBP550 million price tag. While the UK soft drinks market has been increasing at nearly 5% a year, growth is expected to slow down significantly. Growth in juices, in particular, will drop from 6.1% CAGR between 1996 and 2001 to 1.7% CAGR between 2001 and 2005. The rate of growth in carbonates will also fall, but fizzy drinks sales will still increase by an average of 3.3% per year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk