UK: Research - UK carbonates: is Britvic worth the fuss?
The bidding war for Britvic is hotting up, with Pepsi Bottling Group, now supported by PepsiCo, as the clear frontrunner. But the buyers are understandable unsure about the GBP550 million price tag. While the UK soft drinks market has been increasing at nearly 5% a year, growth is expected to slow down significantly. Growth in juices, in particular, will drop from 6.1% CAGR between 1996 and 2001 to 1.7% CAGR between 2001 and 2005. The rate of growth in carbonates will also fall, but fizzy drinks sales will still increase by an average of 3.3% per year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push