IRELAND/ITALY: Irishman Brands silent over Illva Saronno deal rumours
The company is reportedly eyeing expansion
Irish whiskey producer The Irishman Brands has declined to comment on reports that it is in talks to sell a minority stake to Italian drinks firm Illva Saronno to help fund its expansion.
The proposed deal would see the Tia Maria and Disaronno producer become a minority shareholder in the Irish firm, The Sunday Times reported yesterday (8 September). US corporate finance house CW Downer is thought to be advising on the deal, it was reported.
A spokesperson for The Irishman Brands, which sells its namesake whiskey brand to 36 countries globally, declined to comment on the report when contacted by just-drinks today. The company last month unveiled new branding and packaging for its portfolio.
In 2006, it signed a “long-term” supply agreement with Irish Distillers for the Pernod Ricard subsidiary to distill and lay down Irishman stock.
Illva Saronno also declined to comment.
It is almost six months until Scotland decides. Will the country vote for independence from the UK on 18 September? Ian Buxton has a few thoughts on the matter, and he's surprised that the Scotch whis...
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
Business Monitor International's France Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bo...
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research