IRELAND/ITALY: Irishman Brands silent over Illva Saronno deal rumours
The company is reportedly eyeing expansion
Irish whiskey producer The Irishman Brands has declined to comment on reports that it is in talks to sell a minority stake to Italian drinks firm Illva Saronno to help fund its expansion.
The proposed deal would see the Tia Maria and Disaronno producer become a minority shareholder in the Irish firm, The Sunday Times reported yesterday (8 September). US corporate finance house CW Downer is thought to be advising on the deal, it was reported.
A spokesperson for The Irishman Brands, which sells its namesake whiskey brand to 36 countries globally, declined to comment on the report when contacted by just-drinks today. The company last month unveiled new branding and packaging for its portfolio.
In 2006, it signed a “long-term” supply agreement with Irish Distillers for the Pernod Ricard subsidiary to distill and lay down Irishman stock.
Illva Saronno also declined to comment.
It is almost six months until Scotland decides. Will the country vote for independence from the UK on 18 September? Ian Buxton has a few thoughts on the matter, and he's surprised that the Scotch whis...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends