CANADA: Invivo Wines readies Canadian entry
Invivo Wines' Sauvignon Blanc hits Canada this month
Invivo Wines has lined up the roll-out of its wine portfolio in Canada.
The New Zealand wine producer confirmed late last week that its Sauvignon Blanc will be available in British Columbia and Alberta from this month, ahead of its release in Canada's east coast provinces. The country's liquor board approved Invivo's entry earlier this year, the company said.
To support the launch, Invivo has recruited Mike Cornwell to become its North America market manager. Cornwell joins the firm from Red Bull Canada, where he was a director for seven years. He previously worked for Lion's New Zealand unit, “managing the premium beer range”.
Invivo has also appointed Vancouver-based public relations agency Heth PR.
Distribution in British Columbia and Alberta will be handled by Summit Fine Wines, by Crains Crest Wines in Ontario and by Agence Benedictus in in Quebec.
Canada is New Zealand’s fourth largest wine market, with exports totalling NZD60m (US$47.9m) last year, a rise of 28% since 2008.
Richard Corbett is keen to kick off the end-of-year review season. In this month's column, he looks back at the new product development arena in soft drinks in Europe....
Let's face it, when it comes to stunts there really was only one game in town this week....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018