POLAND: Investors in Unibrew quarry slam takeover
Minority shareholders in Polish brewer Browar Lomza have reportedly criticised an agreement to sell the company to Danish brewer Royal Unibrew.
Investors in the Polish brewer believe the agreement with Royal Unibrew does not value Browar Lomza highly enough, according to reports in Poland today (5 March).
Last month, Royal Unibrew signed a deal to buy Browar Lomza for around DKK240m (US$42.2m). The minority investors say Browar Lomza is worth PLN130-150m (US$44-50m).
"In such conditions, completing the transaction would be detrimental to the company and its shareholders," Konrad Smok, from Poland's Individual Investors Association (SII), told local news agency PNB.
Officials at Royal Unibrew could not be reached for comment as just-drinks went to press.
Browar Lomza, which is based in the north-east of Poland, has an annual capacity of 750,000 hectolitres of beer and recorded sales of around 630,000 hectolitres last year.
Whether marketed as non-alcoholic beers or soft drinks, malt-based beverages are expected to grow as a category in the coming years. While the products are finding increasing acceptance among Muslim c...
Royal Unibrew has posted a slight dip in operating profit for the first half of this year, despite a lift in sales for the period....
Royal Unibrew is looking to use the purchase of Livu Alus in Latvia to help alleviate capacity concerns in the Baltic region....
Royal Unibrew has increased its presence in the Baltic states with the purchase of Livu Alus brewery in Latvia....
Royal Unibrew is to markedly up its stake in a Caribbean brewer....
Royal Unibrew has plans to launch a share buy-back programme....
Royal Unibrew has seen its losses widen in the first three months of this year....
Heineken is heralding the move from exporting its beer to Denmark to brewing under license as an optimistic signal for sales in the country....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018