EU: Investigators probe alleged distillation wine scam
EU anti-fraud authorities are investigating alleged corruption in the wine alcohol trade. They are looking into whether traders have been manipulating the system under which excess production distillation wine is auctioned off. European wine alcohol is used in the US by companies such as Archer-Daniels-Midland Co. to make ethanol. The EU investigators confirmed to the Wall Street Journal that it was investigating allegations made in the US Congress that ADM colluded with other bidders at European wine auctions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Brazil could have been worse - Coca-Cola Co CEO
- Analysis - Coca-Cola fails confidence test
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Select