BRAZIL: Investigation underway into alleged industrial espionage by Coca-Cola bottlers
Two companies which make and bottle Coca-Cola Co. products - Recofarma Industria do Amazonas and Spal Industria de Refrescos - are under government investigation, according to the Jornal do Brasil newspaper after alleged company espionage by Pepsi bottler Buenos Aires Embotelladora SA (Baesa).
Neither company would comment on the allegations. According to the Jornal do Brasil the investigation was announced by the Justice Ministry's economic department following allegations by Pepsi bottler Buenos Aires Embotelladora SA that Recofarma Industria do Amazonas and Spal Industra de Refrescos broke anti-trust laws.
The newspaper report claims that the investigation was launched based on allegations by former Coca-Cola executive, Antonio Cesar Azambuja.
Azambuja filed a lawsuit in October alleging he was fired in 1997 after taking part in an alleged espionage plot by Coca-Cola to halt an ambitious marketing and distribution effort by Baesa in 1994.Azambuja also claimed that he helped transcribe four tapes in 1994 that contained secretly recorded conversations of Baesa officials discussing sales strategy.
In the battle of the giants, PepsiCo has stolen a march on Coca-Cola over the last year or so and its performance in the first half of the current fiscal year suggests it is still has the upper hand. ...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends