PERU: Investigation reveals questions on both side of Backus battle
The battle for Peru's only brewer Backus is being investigated from both sides by the stock market authority in the country CONASEV. And the market body has given all three parties involved five days to defend themselves against evidence of wrong-doings. CONASEV, said it had found signs of alleged collusion between Colombian brewer Bavaria and Venezuela's Cisneros Group over their purchases of major stakes in Backus within the space of a few days in July.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne