UK: Invergordon Distillers sale a step nearer
Several bidders are in the running for Whyte & Mackay's Invergordon Distillers business and are conducting due diligence on the site, just-drinks understands.
Invergordon Distillers, which mainly produces own-label Scotch whisky for UK supermarkets, became the subject of a number of takeover offers late last year after Whyte & Mackay declared its intention to focus on its branded business.
Whyte & Mackay had planned to split the commercial functions of W&M Brands and Invergordon Distillers in order to build a branded business that includes Whyte & Mackay and Isle of Jura Scotch whiskies, as well as Vladivar vodka.
The company is looking to reduce its reliance on the low-margin production of own-label whisky for UK supermarkets, where price discounting is hitting the private-label segment.
It is understood that the company is confident it can reach agreement with one of the bidders for Invergordon Distillers but remains willing to keep and develop the business as a separate entity if none of the offers match its asking price.
India's UB Group has reportedly shown its interest in the business but the company refused to comment.
Whyte & Mackay also declined to comment on the potential sale of Invergordon Distillers.
Whyte and Mackay has said it is open to offers for its Invergordon distillery as it continues to restructure its business....
UK spirits group Whyte & Mackay is set to invest GBP100m (US$172.5m) behind a global relaunch of its key brands....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets