GLOBAL: Inver House Distillers releases Old Pulteney limited bottling
Click through to view the Old Pulteney bottle
Inver House Distillers has lined up a limited run of its Old Pulteney single malt Scotch whisky to commemorate the completion of a 'Row to the Pole' expedition.
The bottling, which is limited to 3,000 units worldwide, has been released following Jock Wishart and his crew's row to the magnetic North Pole in August. Wishart's four-week, 450-mile trip was sponsored by Old Pulteney,
The bottles will retail at GBP19.99 (US$30.90) each and launched globally late last month, Inver House said yesterday (5 October). The limited run whisky has been matured in ex-American and ex-Spanish Sherry casks and comes in 35cl bottles in a canvas sailing gift bag.
Old Pulteney is produced at the most northerly distillery on the UK mainland in Wick. The distillery was founded in 1826 at the height of Wick’s 'herring boom', earning the Scotch the moniker 'the Maritime Malt'.
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research