UK: Inver House Distillers launches Balblair website
Inver House Distillers plans to launch a website for its Balblair Highland Single Malt Scotch Whiskey.
The spirits group, owned by Thai Beverage, relaunched Balblair Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky as a vintage-led whisky in February as part of its marketing campaign to boost the brand's new image.
The site, created by the Glaswegian agency Curious Group, who are also responsible for the redesign of Balblair's new bottle and packaging, offers users the chance to join Balblair's online members club 'The Gathering Place'.
Inver House Distillers marketing manager, Karen Walker said: "The new website is an essential component of our Balblair relaunch campaign, reflecting the quality and attention to detail that has gone into every aspect of this project and allowing us to reach target consumers worldwide. We also hope to see our online member's club, 'The Gathering Place', flourish over the coming months and years, allowing fans of Balblair to share in the exciting activity we have planned for the future.'
The spirits group is hoping the relaunch of Balblair will lead to a reverse in its performance going forward. Earlier this month, Inver House posted a 12% slide in operating profit to GBP2.6m (US$5.1m) for 2006. Turnover dipped in the period by 1% to GBP38m.
The Scotch whisky category is booming globally thanks to demand in Asia and the BRIC countries, particularly for blends, but mature markets in Europe are proving more sluggish. In this month's Just th...
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
Acquisitions have transformed CL Financial from the owner of one very famous but small-scale bitters brand into a player on the world spirits stage. Having recently shored up two contrasting acquisiti...
It takes a brave man to question the assumptions of a business that, to all intents and purposes, is riding the crest of a wave, but that is what happened in Scotland this month, Chris Brook-Carter re...
Proposals to tighten UK legislation regarding the definition of Scotch whisky have come under attack - from a Scotch distiller....
The Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) has welcomed plans by the UK government to tighten legislation regarding the definition of Scotch whisky....
The UK government is preparing to introduce legislation to tighten definitions of Scotch whisky....
Thai drinks group Thai Beverage (ThaiBev) has announced that its subsidiary Sura Piset is to acquire controlling interests in the spirits producer United Products Company (UPC) and the soft drinks com...
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research