UK: Inver House Distillers launches Balblair 1965
Inver House Distillers has announced a limited edition version of its Balblair Highland Single Malt Scotch whisky.
Only 350 bottles of Balbair 1965 will be released, with each one expected to sell for GBP1,250 (US$2,000) Inver House said today (23 October).
The whisky, which is 52.3%abv, will only be stocked in specialist retailers, the group said.
Buyers will also receive a bespoke certificate of authenticity, a booklet and a letter hand-signed by distillery manager John MacDonald, informing consumers that they are entitled to receive a GBP300 limited edition print of the Balblair distillery by acclaimed Scottish photographer Fin Macrae.
Earlier this year, Inver House has launched an updated website for Balblair, detailing the history of the vintage malt portfolio.
Champagne and Cognac group Rémy Cointreau watched its full-year sales slip by 11.6% this week as demand for premium alcohol continued to drop. Michelle Russell assesses the group's prospects....
Scotch whisky distillers are close to securing protected name status for their products in China, Scottish ministers believe, following meetings with Chinese government officials....
Scotch whisky distiller Bruichladdich has reported a 15% rise in sales for 2008, ahead of the firm's expectations....
Perond Ricard has said it will end its distribution deal with Kirin Holdings in Japan, following the announcement that Kirin is to form a joint venture with Pernod rival Diageo in the country....
First Drinks Brands, the distribution business owned by whisky distiller William Grant & Sons, plans to spend GBP40m on marketing this year, following its deal to distribute Remy Cointreau brands in t...
The Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) has welcomed the launch of a European Observatory on Counterfeiting and Piracy to fight intellectual property criminals faking its members' products....
Pernod Ricard's UK-based unit, Chivas Brothers, has confirmed that it plans to close one of its Scottish bottling plants temporarily next week....
St George's Distillery is to begin exporting its whisky to France this week....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research