SWEDEN: Inver House Distillers distribution moves to Berntson Brands from Stellan Kramer
Berntson Brands will take over Inver House Distillers' Swedish distribution later this year
ThaiBev's International Beverage Holdings, owner of Inver House Distillers, has switched distributor in Sweden from Stellan Kramer to Berntson Brands.
The change, announced today (28 September), sees Berntson take exclusive distribution control of Inver House Distillers' Old Pulteney, Balblair, Ancnoc and Speyburn single malt Scotch whisky brands in the country. Berntson will assume marketing responsibility from 1 October, with overall distribution moving across on 5 December.
“While we thank … Stellan Kramer for their work in developing our brands in the Swedish market, we look forward to beginning a new chapter with Berntson Brands,” said Malcolm Leask, VP for International Beverage Holdings. “We believe that Berntson Brand’s proven expertise in developing premium drinks brands … will bring our portfolio to a wider consumer.”
Late last month, Ireland-based whiskey producer Cooley Distillery moved its distribution in Sweden to Berntson Brands.
The spirits category is up next in this, the third part of just-drinks' first management briefing of 2012. Here, Spiros Malandrakis and Jeremy Cunnington, alcoholics drinks analysts at Euromonitor Int...
There can't be too many key spirits markets where Irish whiskey outsells single malt Scotch, but the US has just become one. Here, just-drinks brings you some key facts from the 2011 sales figures for...
Beam Inc has closed its acquisition of Cooley Distillery and has already earmarked the firm's Kilbeggan brand as a potential vehicle for capitalising on strong demand for Irish whiskey....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research