SWEDEN: Inver House Distillers distribution moves to Berntson Brands from Stellan Kramer
Berntson Brands will take over Inver House Distillers' Swedish distribution later this year
ThaiBev's International Beverage Holdings, owner of Inver House Distillers, has switched distributor in Sweden from Stellan Kramer to Berntson Brands.
The change, announced today (28 September), sees Berntson take exclusive distribution control of Inver House Distillers' Old Pulteney, Balblair, Ancnoc and Speyburn single malt Scotch whisky brands in the country. Berntson will assume marketing responsibility from 1 October, with overall distribution moving across on 5 December.
“While we thank … Stellan Kramer for their work in developing our brands in the Swedish market, we look forward to beginning a new chapter with Berntson Brands,” said Malcolm Leask, VP for International Beverage Holdings. “We believe that Berntson Brand’s proven expertise in developing premium drinks brands … will bring our portfolio to a wider consumer.”
Late last month, Ireland-based whiskey producer Cooley Distillery moved its distribution in Sweden to Berntson Brands.
The spirits category is up next in this, the third part of just-drinks' first management briefing of 2012. Here, Spiros Malandrakis and Jeremy Cunnington, alcoholics drinks analysts at Euromonitor Int...
There can't be too many key spirits markets where Irish whiskey outsells single malt Scotch, but the US has just become one. Here, just-drinks brings you some key facts from the 2011 sales figures for...
Beam Inc has closed its acquisition of Cooley Distillery and has already earmarked the firm's Kilbeggan brand as a potential vehicle for capitalising on strong demand for Irish whiskey....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future