Product Launch - GLOBAL: Inver House Distillers' anCnoc 22 Years Old
Click through to view Inver House Distillers' anCnoc 22 Years Old
Inver House Distillers' anCnoc 22 Years Old
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Highland, single malt, 46% abv
Available - From 31 January
Location - UK, US, Sweden, Russia, Denmark, Japan and Taiwan
Price - SRP of GBP85 (US$133.82) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - International Beverage Holdings
Inver House Distillers has launched a 22-year-old version of its anCnoc single malt, with 950 cases made available.
The anCnoc 22 Years Old is matured in American Bourbon and Spanish sherry oak casks, Inver House said last week. The limited release will be available throughout the year, Inver House said.
anCnoc Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky Releases 22 Years Old
anCnoc Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky has announced the first limited release of its 22 Years Old, the latest hand selected addition to the brand’s core range.
The whisky, which has been matured in American bourbon and Spanish sherry oak casks at its Knockdhu distillery in Knock, Banffshire, has been bottled in its most natural form – neither chill-filtered nor coloured.
Priced at a recommended retail price of £85, only 950 cases will be made available throughout 2013 in the UK, USA, Sweden, Russia, Denmark, Japan and Taiwan.
Gillian Gibson, Brand Manager at anCnoc, said: “Releasing our 22 Years Old marks the first in a series of exciting developments for anCnoc in 2013 which are sure to delight fans of our portfolio of single malts worldwide.
“This particular expression, which was bottled at 46%, has a unique taste profile and we are confident that it will find favour with whisky enthusiasts everywhere.”
Bright gold with a copper tint in colour, anCnoc 22 Years Old is full bodied and complex with crushed clove, raisin and blood orange flavours on the palette, the taste is closely followed by layers of fragrant vanilla and leather.
As well as the release of the 22 Years Old, anCnoc has also re-released its popular 16 Years Old single malt which was unavailable for the majority of 2012. Over 800 cases will be made available this year and will be sent to key customers in the UK, USA and selected export markets.
Wholly matured in American ex-bourbon oak casks, the product will have a recommended retail price of £60. Gillian Gibson added: “anCnoc 16 Years Old was very popular when we first released it in 2008 and we are delighted that global whisky lovers will once again be able to purchase this distinctive expression.”
The distillery at Knockdhu has been in operation since 1894. anCnoc, which is owned by Inver House Distillers, is a brand closely associated with the arts having released a series of Limited Edition expressions last year with the designs of acclaimed Scottish artist Peter Arkle and a continuing support of the arts community
Original source: Company Release
A recent bout of activity in the Cognac region - from investment to divestment - suggests lively times ahead for the brandy and Cognac category. Ian Buxton looks at the headlines, and sees his eye bei...
The UK Coalition Government has officially abandoned plans to introduce minimum unit pricing for alcohol in England and Wales....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends