USA: Introduction to Brewing Science Offered at UCR Extension
A class that examines both the technical and practical aspects of beer brewing is scheduled again this fall at the University of California, Riverside Extension Center. Introduction to Brewing Science is an intensive introduction to the science of brewing beer. Designed for home brewers and others interested in the subject, the class covers microbiological and biochemical processes involved in brewing, styles of beer, raw ingredients, and brewing techniques. A field trip to the award-winning BJ's Brewery in Brea is included. John Oliver, head brewer for BJ's Chicago Pizza and Brewery Inc. will teach the class, which meets on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-9:30 p.m., Oct. 17-Nov. 14. The class is held at the UCR Extension Center, 1200 University Ave., Riverside. The course fee is $75. For more information about the course, call Jennifer Campbell at 909/787-5804 or e-mail:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research