USA: Introduction to Brewing Science Offered at UCR Extension
Introduction to Brewing Science is an intensive introduction to the science of brewing beer. Designed for home brewers and others interested in the subject, the class covers microbiological and biochemical processes involved in brewing, styles of beer, raw ingredients, and brewing techniques. A field trip to the award-winning BJ's Brewery in Brea is included.
John Oliver, head brewer for BJ's Chicago Pizza and Brewery Inc. will teach the class, which meets on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-9:30 p.m., Oct. 17-Nov. 14. The class is held at the UCR Extension Center, 1200 University Ave., Riverside. The course fee is $75.
For more information about the course, call Jennifer Campbell at 909/787-5804 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. To enroll, call 909/787-4105 or toll-free 800/442-4990. Refer to course number EDP 02P08. To receive a free catalog of other UCR Extension courses, call 909/787-3806.
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research