USA: Introduction to Brewing Science Offered at UCR Extension
A class that examines both the technical and practical aspects of beer brewing is scheduled again this fall at the University of California, Riverside Extension Center. Introduction to Brewing Science is an intensive introduction to the science of brewing beer. Designed for home brewers and others interested in the subject, the class covers microbiological and biochemical processes involved in brewing, styles of beer, raw ingredients, and brewing techniques. A field trip to the award-winning BJ's Brewery in Brea is included. John Oliver, head brewer for BJ's Chicago Pizza and Brewery Inc. will teach the class, which meets on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-9:30 p.m., Oct. 17-Nov. 14. The class is held at the UCR Extension Center, 1200 University Ave., Riverside. The course fee is $75. For more information about the course, call Jennifer Campbell at 909/787-5804 or e-mail:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends