USA: Introduction to Brewing Science Offered at UCR Extension
A class that examines both the technical and practical aspects of beer brewing is scheduled again this fall at the University of California, Riverside Extension Center. Introduction to Brewing Science is an intensive introduction to the science of brewing beer. Designed for home brewers and others interested in the subject, the class covers microbiological and biochemical processes involved in brewing, styles of beer, raw ingredients, and brewing techniques. A field trip to the award-winning BJ's Brewery in Brea is included. John Oliver, head brewer for BJ's Chicago Pizza and Brewery Inc. will teach the class, which meets on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-9:30 p.m., Oct. 17-Nov. 14. The class is held at the UCR Extension Center, 1200 University Ave., Riverside. The course fee is $75. For more information about the course, call Jennifer Campbell at 909/787-5804 or e-mail:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends