ARGENTINA: International wine ad push launched
Argentina's wine federation Corporacion Vitivinicola Argentina (COVIAR) has launched the first phase of an advertising campaign to promote the country's wine at home and abroad, a COVIAR official has confirmed to just-drinks.
Under the catchphrase "Argentine wine: a good wine," the first leg of the campaign will run TV, outdoor and print ads in Argentina until next autumn. The second phase will debut in coming weeks and features ads in the US and Brazil (later in some European markets) for one year.
The campaign's investment will exceed ARS24m (US$8.25m), the official said.
The move is part of Argentina's Viticulture Strategic Plan, which aims to boost the country's global export share to 10% by 2020 from its current 1.5%. Another goal is to raise Argentine wine sales to US$2bn from US$700m currently.
Wines of Argentina, a promotional body backed by the country's biggest wineries, and Coviar, will orchestrate the strategy. As part of the effort, Argentina's wineries and the government will invest over US$100m.
As the US distillers' association, Discus, for the first time in its history publishes its annual report into spirits advertising, which includes complaints against its self-regulatory code, David Rob...
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends