International Spirit and Beverage Group buys Cavoda Spirits stake
US spirits marketer International Spirit and Beverage Group (ISBG) has acquired a majority stake in Cavoda Spirits, maker of Cavoda Vodka.
ISBG, which also has Besado Tequila and Dziaq Liqueur in its portfolio, said Cavoda is its first luxury vodka. Cavoda comes in two flavours - Blue and Pink - and features an illuminated bottle.
"This brand is so hot that out of the more than 2,800 cases that literally just landed in our warehouse in New York, more than half of it is already committed to distributors to keep up with demand," said ISBG's COO, Jeff Freiberger.
Financial details have not been released.
Cavoda Spirits is based in Brooklyn, New York, and it distributes Cavoda Vodka in New York, New Jersey, Florida and Nevada. The vodka is also available in France, the UK, Chile and Trinidad.
Cavoda Vodka has been featured in a number of music videos, including Hold Me Down by DJ Khaled, the official version of which has 97m views on YouTube.
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends