US: International Center for Alcohol Policies appoints board chairman
The International Center for Alcohol Policies (ICAP) has announced the appointment of a new chairman for its board.
Sean O'Neill, chief corporate relations officer for Heineken, has taken up the role of chairman of the ICAP board of directors on a two-year contract. He replaces Rick Connor, VP of international public affairs at Pernod Ricard who has completed his two-year term.
ICAP has a regular two-year turnover of its board chairmanship.
"I am delighted to welcome Sean O'Neill as ICAP Chairman of the Board," said ICAP's president Marcus Grant. "His depth of international experience with alcohol policy and communications brings welcome expertise to our organisation's strategic leadership."
Before joining Heineken, Sean spent eight years in senior roles within the beverage alcohol sector, first as communication and corporate affairs director for Guinness Brewing and then, following the merger of Guinness and UDV, as brand and market communication director for Diageo.
Click play, below, to view the thoughts of Heineken's CFO, Rene Hooft Graafland, on the brewer's FY results, which were released this morning....
United Spirits has denied reports that it has provided a guaranteee to the ailing Kingfisher Airlines, as questions mount over owner Vijay Mallya's options for both businesses....
Monarq Group is launching Atlantico rum in its Latin America and Caribbean markets after signing a deal with the brand's owner, Alebrand Spirits Co....
Pernod Ricard has launched a television advert for its Royal Salute Scotch whisky brand in China....
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends