GLOBAL: International Brands gives Makulu Wines labelling revamp
Click through to see the new labelling for Makulu Wines
International Brands has lined up a packaging update for the South African Makulu wine range.
The company, which markets Makulu for the Imbuko winery in South Africa's Western Cape region, said earlier this week that the labelling will centre on a bull elephant design. All six variants in the mid-priced range - Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc, Pinotage, Shiraz, Pinotage Rose and Sauvignon Blanc – will benefit from the revamp.
The term Makulu means family tribal leader. Some of the proceeds from sales of the range go towards supporting the winery’s crèche and education centre, which benefits the children of those who work to produce and distribute the wines.
The packaging will be showcased at this year's London International Wine Fair.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015