Product Launch - GLOBAL: International Beverage's Hankey Bannister Heritage Blend
Click through to view an image of the product
International Beverage's Hankey Bannister Heritage Blend
Category - Spirits, blended Scotch whisky, 46%
Available - Launched last week
Location - 5,000 cases being made available "globally"
Price - RRP GBP26.99 (US$42) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - International Beverage
International Beverage has launched a "heritage" version of its Hankey Bannister Blended Scotch.
The 5,000-case release was inspired by a bottle of Hankey Bannister from the 1920s that was unearthed in the UK last year, the company said.
Heritage Blend has been created by "adding both higher-aged and peated malts to reproduce a full, sweet flavour with a delicate hint of smoke", International Beverage said.
"We are very fortunate that someone back in the 1920s decided to store this bottle for posterity - and that it was in such good condition 90 years after bottling," said Hankey Bannister brand manager Lynne Buckley
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research