Product Launch - GLOBAL: International Beverage's Hankey Bannister Heritage Blend
Click through to view an image of the product
International Beverage's Hankey Bannister Heritage Blend
Category - Spirits, blended Scotch whisky, 46%
Available - Launched last week
Location - 5,000 cases being made available "globally"
Price - RRP GBP26.99 (US$42) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - International Beverage
International Beverage has launched a "heritage" version of its Hankey Bannister Blended Scotch.
The 5,000-case release was inspired by a bottle of Hankey Bannister from the 1920s that was unearthed in the UK last year, the company said.
Heritage Blend has been created by "adding both higher-aged and peated malts to reproduce a full, sweet flavour with a delicate hint of smoke", International Beverage said.
"We are very fortunate that someone back in the 1920s decided to store this bottle for posterity - and that it was in such good condition 90 years after bottling," said Hankey Bannister brand manager Lynne Buckley
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit