Product Launch - GLOBAL: International Beverage's Hankey Bannister Heritage Blend
Click through to view an image of the product
International Beverage's Hankey Bannister Heritage Blend
Category - Spirits, blended Scotch whisky, 46%
Available - Launched last week
Location - 5,000 cases being made available "globally"
Price - RRP GBP26.99 (US$42) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - International Beverage
International Beverage has launched a "heritage" version of its Hankey Bannister Blended Scotch.
The 5,000-case release was inspired by a bottle of Hankey Bannister from the 1920s that was unearthed in the UK last year, the company said.
Heritage Blend has been created by "adding both higher-aged and peated malts to reproduce a full, sweet flavour with a delicate hint of smoke", International Beverage said.
"We are very fortunate that someone back in the 1920s decided to store this bottle for posterity - and that it was in such good condition 90 years after bottling," said Hankey Bannister brand manager Lynne Buckley
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets