Product Launch - GLOBAL: International Beverage Holdings' Balblair 2002
Click through to view International Beverage Holdings' Balblair 2002
International Beverage Holdings' Balblair 2002
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Highlands, single malt,
Available - From this week
Location - France, Russia, UK and US
Price - In UK, RRP of GBP40 (US$62) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - International Beverage Holdings
The latest vintage single malt from Balblair rolls out this week. Balblair 2002 will replace the 2001 variant, which hit markets late last year.
The Balblair distillery and brand are operated by International Beverage Holdings' Inver House Distillers division.
INAUGURAL RELEASE FOR BALBLAIR 2002 VINTAGE
31st July 2012
International Beverage Holdings is delighted to unveil the first release of the 2002 Vintage of Balblair Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky. It replaces the 2001 as the most accessible Vintage in the core range.
As with every current release of Balblair, this expression is non-chill-filtered, naturally coloured and bottled at 46%. Coupled with traditional production methods, this policy results in a single malt of rare quality.
Balblair 2002 is sparkling gold in colour. The nose features signature Balblair aromas; it is floral and fragrant with zesty citrus fruit, specifically orange and lemon. Maturation in American oak, ex-bourbon barrels has imparted toffee and vanilla notes. On the palate it is full-bodied yet sweet and spicy in character with notes of orange, lemon, green apple, toffee and vanilla. The finish is typically long; the floral and fruit notes develop and combine with the initial spice and sweetness from the American oak casks.
Distillery Manager John MacDonald observes of his latest selection: “The 2001 Vintage is deliciously vibrant but I am sure that single malt enthusiasts the world over will enjoy the full-bodied sweetness of this American oak-driven expression just as much – if not more.”
Andy Hannah, Brand Manager, states: “Balblair has become established as a favourite of discerning whisky drinkers worldwide. As well as being the only distillery solely releasing vintage malts, the contemporary packaging design sets it apart. The 2002 perfectly illustrates our philosophy of ‘Vintages Timed to Perfection’ which will be activated in key markets later this year.”
Balblair 2002 Vintage is available at £40.00 in key markets (France, Russia, UK and USA).
Original source: Company Release
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018