Product Launch - GLOBAL: International Beverage Holdings' Balblair 1997
Click through to view International Beverage Holdings' Balblair 1997
International Beverage Holdings' Balblair 1997
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Highlands, single malt, 46% abv
Available - From last week
Location - Global release, but focusing on the UK, France and Russia
Price - SRP of EUR69 (US$89) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - International Beverage
International Beverage Holdings has lined up the second release of Balblair's 1997 vintage single malt.
The launch marks the first time that Balblair's core range has comprised four vintages – one more than usual. The other expressions date from 1975, 1989 and 2002.
Balblair is run by International Beverage Holdings' Inver House Distillers division. International Beverage Holdings is itself owned by ThaiBev.
International Beverage Holdings is to launch the second release of the 1997 Vintage of Balblair Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky. Balblair has become established as a favourite of discerning whisky drinkers worldwide. As well as being the only distillery solely releasing vintage malts, the contemporary packaging design sets it apart and the traditional production methods result in a single malt of rare quality.
As with every expression, Balblair 1997 is un-chill-filtered, naturally coloured and bottled at 46% abv for maximum flavour delivery.
Deep, golden amber in appearance, the nose of the second release of the 1997 Vintage is redolent of tropical fruit; banana and pineapple together with green apple, orange and apricot as well as notes of honey, vanilla and butterscotch. Maturation in first-fill American oak, ex-bourbon casks has ensured the characteristic Balblair sweetness on the palate is underpinned by a full-bodied spiciness. The finish is long and maintains the spiciness detected earlier; this is an exceptionally well-balanced and complex single malt.
This release means that, for the first time, there will be a core range of four Vintages (1975, 1989, 1997 and 2002) rather than three, giving whisky consumers an even greater choice.
Distillery Manager John MacDonald observes of his latest selection: “The first release of the 1997 Vintage was in 2007, so this second release has enjoyed a further five years of maturation in first-fill American oak, ex-bourbon barrels. I trust that whisky enthusiasts worldwide will appreciate this newest member of the Balblair family.”
Balblair 1997 is available in the UK at £55 RRP and in other focus markets, including France and Russia.
Original source: Company Release
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015