UK: InterContinental Brands appoints Constellation Europe exec as MD
InterContinental Brands (ICB) has poached a senior executive from Constellation Europe to become its managing director.
The UK-based wine and spirits company, which was formed in 1990, confirmed yesterday (6 May) that John Mills will join ICB from Constellation Europe, where he was senior vice president of European sales.
Mills has been with Constellation Europe for 16 years, during which he has held the positions of senior vice president for off-trade sales, and managing director of the independently-operated Gaymer Cider Company.
"This is a major appointment and very much in line with our strategy and vision for the company," said ICB co-founder Paul Burton. "He (Mills) has just the energy, high level expertise, leadership qualities and focus that will most assist us in driving our business on to the next level."
Mills added: "ICB ... has not yet attained its full potential. I am really delighted to be making this move and looking forward to launching new brands,developing new channels and driving ICB forward."
InterContinental manufactures and distributes over 50 brands, including Vodkat Classic Schnapps, St Helier pear cider and wine brand The Italian Job. In 2007, private equity house LDC took a minority stake in the business to enable the company to make strategic acquisitions and broaden its distribution base.
Constellation Brands' announcement that it could merge or sell parts of its UK and Australian wine business raised more questions than it answered, but the move makes sense in an operating environment...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Constellation Brands is looking into the possibility of merging a portion of its Australian business with Australian Vintage Ltd. The move is one of a number of opportunities the drinks giant is consi...
Grupo Modelo, the Mexico-based brewer, has survived a slip in beer export volumes to report solid rises in net sales and earnings for the third quarter of 2009....
The European arm of Constellation Brands has readied a consumer competition in time for Christmas for its Stone's Original green ginger wine brand in the UK....
The former CEO of Constellation Brands' international division has joined wine business advisory firm Wine Colleagues....
Constellation Europe has launched an on-pack promotion for its Babycham brand for the Christmas season in the UK....
The UK distribution arm of Constellation Europe, Matthew Clark, has teamed up with online wine and spirits outlet thepurveyor.com in the UK....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future