CZECH REP: Interbrew's Czech business cuts losses
Belgian Interbrew's Czech unit Prazske Pivovary has narrowed its net losses to CZK179.4m (US$4.9m) in 2001 from CZK789.3m a year before.
Prazske Pivovary, the second-largest Czech brewer, said the loss pushed its equity further into the red, to CZK1.3 billion from CZK1.1 billion at the end of 2000.
Interbrew has a 96% stake in the brewer, which has about a 14% share on the highly competitive Czech beer market.
The firm's sales grew from CZK2.353 billion in 2000 to CZK2.674 billion in 2001, an increase of 13.6%, particularly thanks to an 8.6% increase in beer sales, which reached 2.529m hectolitres.
PP's export activities last year focused on establishing its Staropramen brand on foreign markets. Staropramen exports go mainly to Germany, Sweden, Italy, Slovakia, Russia and the US. Last year, Staropramen also penetrated the Australia, Irish and Baltic countries' markets
Sales of beer in the Czech Republic grew 7.3% last year to 2.219m hl, up from 2.068m hl in 2000, while sales of beer abroad grew 19 % to 310,000 hl, up from 261,000 hl in 2000.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets