CZECH REP: Interbrew's Czech business cuts losses
Belgian Interbrew's Czech unit Prazske Pivovary has narrowed its net losses to CZK179.4m (US$4.9m) in 2001 from CZK789.3m a year before.
Prazske Pivovary, the second-largest Czech brewer, said the loss pushed its equity further into the red, to CZK1.3 billion from CZK1.1 billion at the end of 2000.
Interbrew has a 96% stake in the brewer, which has about a 14% share on the highly competitive Czech beer market.
The firm's sales grew from CZK2.353 billion in 2000 to CZK2.674 billion in 2001, an increase of 13.6%, particularly thanks to an 8.6% increase in beer sales, which reached 2.529m hectolitres.
PP's export activities last year focused on establishing its Staropramen brand on foreign markets. Staropramen exports go mainly to Germany, Sweden, Italy, Slovakia, Russia and the US. Last year, Staropramen also penetrated the Australia, Irish and Baltic countries' markets
Sales of beer in the Czech Republic grew 7.3% last year to 2.219m hl, up from 2.068m hl in 2000, while sales of beer abroad grew 19 % to 310,000 hl, up from 261,000 hl in 2000.
Companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China