UK: Interbrew warns price cutting stifling future of beer
The UK beer industry must move its focus away from price wars if it is to create a sustainable beer market, Interbrew warned on Friday as it released its UK 2002 Market Report. "An over-reliance on pricing is threatening to stifle future development of the category," Interbrew UK said in a statement accompanying the report. "The only way to encourage greater consumption is to improve the drinking experience through a greater emphasis on quality."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research