UKRAINE: Interbrew ups share of Ukrainian market with Rogan purchase
Interbrew, the Belgian brewer which recently floated just over one-fifth of its capital on the Brussels Euronext exchange, yesterday said it has acquired a controlling interest in Rogan Brewery, Ukraine's second largest brewer.
Interbrew said Sun Interbrew - a joint venture with the Sun brewing group of India - bought 81.4% of Rogan. The deal lifts Interbrew's share of Ukraine's growing beer market from 19% to 34%.
The acquisition strengthens the position of Interbrew, which owns three other breweries in Ukraine, as the country's biggest brewer. However, its market share could change in the coming months because approval of the Rogan purchase by Ukraine's anti-monopoly committee has been made conditional on Interbrew disposing of Krym Brewery in Simferopol by December 2001.
Companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China