UK: Interbrew UK launches "massive" free trade distribution drive
Interbrew UK's distribution push for Stella, which accounts for around one in three pints of premium lager sold in the UK (AC Nielsen) will run during March and April.
It will be spearheaded by a direct mail campaign to thousands of non-stockists and a telemarketing campaign to retailers who will be encouraged to stock the brand. There will also be a sales-force push, targeting thousands of suitable non-stockist outlets nationwide.
"Thousands of independent free traders are losing out heavily because they are failing to stock the most successful premium lager brand," said Allan Tudor, director of sales at Interbrew UK.
"Draught distribution in the free trade lags well behind the market as a whole and we are committed to closing that 'distribution divide' with this concerted push. Stella Artois has outperformed the draught lager market by some margin," he added.
According to Interbrew UK the "distribution divide" between free traders and retailers generally is significant. Only one in five (22%) of independent free traders stock draught Stella Artois. And almost one in three (29%) of on-trade outlets nationally stock the brand, making it the most widely distributed lager brand (AC Nielsen).
"This makes it an absolute must stock-brand for many thousands of free trade accounts that are free to choose their range," said Tudor.
Interbrew UK also plans a range of incentives for outlets taking on the brand and some will be invited to participate in the Stella Artois Quality Programme to ensure that standards remain high.
At the same time, the company is shortening its new account opening process to speed up the time it takes to get draught Stella Artois installed.
Dairy, functional and premium juices were the winners, water continued to grow, whilst carbonates and squashes lagged behind in the 2004 UK soft drinks race, according to the recently published Britvi...
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research