UK: Interbrew UK launch one-litre Stella Artois bottle
Designed from scratch, the new pack, according to Interbrew UK, reflects the mood of the eating occasion and along with the brand's premium positioning, will drive incremental sales by encouraging shoppers to buy for sharing with a meal.
Steve Kitching, take home sales director of Interbrew UK said: "There is a massive opportunity to link beer with food in the consumer's mind with a pack that is totally appropriate for shared meal occasions.
"We want to develop the right pack format for every occasion. It is significant that every new pack we have introduced for Stella Artois has increased sale of the brand," he added.
And according to AC Nielsen the "big bottle" segment of the take home market is already enjoying strong growth and accounts for around 10% of total bottle sales.
The one-litre Stella Artois bottle will be available to the take home market subject to listings from the end of July. It will be positioned at a premium to the existing range of packs - 250ml, 330ml and 660ml bottle - with a recommended retail price of £2.99
Companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev
Dairy, functional and premium juices were the winners, water continued to grow, whilst carbonates and squashes lagged behind in the 2004 UK soft drinks race, according to the recently published Britvi...
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World