TURKEY: Interbrew takes first step in Turkey with Beck's agreement
Belgian beer giant Interbrew, today signed a license agreement with the Turkish brewer EFES Group for the exclusive production and distribution of Beck's in the Republic of Turkey and Northern Cyprus.
This agreement, which is subject to the final approval of the Turkish Competition Board, is Interbrew's first step into the Turkish beer market.
Under the license agreement, the EFES Group will exclusively produce and distribute Beck's in the Republic of Turkey and Northern Cyprus. It extends the longstanding relationship between Interbrew and the EFES Group from their Romanian joint venture into the Republic of Turkey and Northern Cyprus.
The EFES Group is the number one brewer in Turkey, with a volume of 5.6m hectolitres and a market share of 78%. Its leading brand is EFES Pilsen. The total annual beer consumption in Turkey accounts for 7.2m hl, representing a per capita consumption of 10.8 litres.
"We are very pleased to extend our relationship with the EFES Group." said Hugo Powell, Chief Executive Officer of Interbrew. "It highlights our capability to bring the Beck's brand into new geographies, thereby leveraging the recently acquired international Trade Mark."
Beck's is the world's leading German exported beer.
Companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US